This five-hour course consists of two parts:Part 1 addresses CPR, first aid, and choking basics, and Part 2 addresses babysitter and caregiver basics.
The course is instructor led and will include DVD presentation materials as well as hands-on activities pertinent to child supervision.
- The caregiver portion will provide instruction on bottle-feeding, feeding, diapering, burping, washing, sanitizing, and fire safety. The babysitter basics introduction will include an example flier and safe marketing tips as well as key babysitter interview questions to ask parents.
- Coursework covers age-appropriate activities for children and infants, and offers tips on how to handle and calm a crying baby, set boundaries, and properly manage behavior in order to keep children safe and out of trouble.
To take a class or to inquire about having one of our certified instructors come to your location, see our In-Person Training Calendar.
Additional Course Offerings:
- Adult CPR
- Adult-Child-Infant CPR
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Basic First Aid
- Blood borne Pathogen (BBP)
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR
- Emergency Oxygen
- Mandatory Reporter for Child or Dependent Adult Abuse
- Pet First Aid/CPR Training
Course Segments include:
Part 1: Adult, Child, Infant CPR and Choking, Basic First Aid
Part 2: Introduction to Babysitting, Safety and Injury Prevention, Leadership and Conflict Resolution, Play Time and Activities, and Caregiving for children and infants
Age Recommendations:Course is recommended for ages 10 and up. There are no minimum age requirements for participating. Students must be able to competently perform the required skills to receive any certification card.
Written evaluation is required when specified by local organization, or local or state governmental agency. Students successfully completing their specific course requirements will receive a certificate of completion.
We have a wealth of resources and information on our products and services. To learn more, see the following links, or click on Get More Information to submit an inquiry.
CPR Training Videos
First Aid & CPR Assist
To see other products, visit our Top Product Solutions page.